May. 04. 2016
Marquette One Of Nation's Best In Attendance, Again
For the 15th-straight year, the Marquette University men’s basketball team finished among the top-25 teams in the nation in average attendance thanks to the dedication and support of the program’s tremendous fan base.
Marquette is 350-102 all-time in 28 seasons at the BMO Harris Bradley Center, including a remarkable 212-48 record over the last 15 years. The Golden Eagles have drawn over six million fans since 1988-89 and are the only non-football school to rank among the top-25 nationally in attendance each year since 2002.
In 2015-16, Marquette’s average attendance (13,308) ranked second in the BIG EAST and 21st in the nation. Nearly two million fans watched the 10 BIG EAST Conference teams compete last season.
2015-16 Attendance Highlights
- The Golden Eagles ranked 21st in the nation in average attendance (13,308)
- A total of 252,858 fans visited in the BMO?Harris Bradley Center, the 16th-highest total in the nation
- Marquette has ranked in the top-25 in final attendance in each of the last 15 seasons
- MU averaged 13,308 fans per game in 2015-16
- Crowds at the BMO Harris Bradley Center averaged nearly 15,000 during BIG?EAST Conference matchups
- Attendance of 19,043 vs. Villanova on National Marquette Day was seventh-largest in school history