Aug. 09. 2017
Marquette Extends Top-25 Attendance Streak
For the 16th-straight year, the Marquette University men’s basketball team finished among the top-25 teams in the nation in average attendance thanks to the dedication and support of the program’s tremendous fan base.
Marquette is 376-109 all-time in 29 seasons at the BMO Harris Bradley Center, including a remarkable 226-51 record over the last 16 years. The Golden Eagles have drawn over six million fans since 1988-89 and are the only non-football school to rank among the top-25 nationally in attendance each year since 2002.
In 2016-17, Marquette’s average attendance (13,715) ranked second in the BIG EAST and 19th in the nation. Nearly two million fans watched the 10 BIG EAST Conference teams compete last season.
The 2017-18 campaign will mark the 30th anniversary of the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
2016-17 Attendance Highlights
- The Golden Eagles ranked 19th in the nation in average attendance (13,715)
- A total of 233,169 fans visited in the BMO?Harris Bradley Center, also the 19th-highest total in the nation
- The Golden Eagles played in front of 401,919 total fans, the 29th-best mark in the country
- Marquette has ranked in the top-25 in final attendance in each of the last 16 seasons
- Over 1.7 million fans watched BIG EAST Conference teams in 2016-17
- Marquette’s increased average attendance percentage from 2015-16 is second among schools ranked in the top-25 each of the last two years
- MU is only non-football school to rank in the top-25 in attendance every year since 2002
- Crowds at the BMO Harris Bradley Center averaged nearly 15,000 during BIG?EAST Conference matchups
- Attendance of 19,033 vs. Xavier on National Marquette Day was 10th-largest in school history